Navigation Menu
Oakville Club

Oakville Club

True Reciprocal

  • Last updated: March 17, 2023

Just over a century ago, our historic Oakville Club building was one of five bustling granaries lining the banks of the Sixteen Mile Creek. The Oakville Club building has a colourful history. Built in 1854 by a group of “barn farmers” from the United States, the original granary was owned by Oakville merchant, Obadiah Marlat. Although historical accounts differ, it is possible that the building stands of the foundation of a warehouse constructed in 1928 by Oakville’s founder William Chisholm. The warehouse changed hands for the last time in 1907 when it became home to the newly formed Oakville Club. Members immediately began renovating the old granary to accommodate their interest. Canoeing regattas, Tennis tournaments and Saturday night dances became regular events and made the Club a very popular meeting place. In the early years, two short length bowling alleys were installed on the ground floor in what is affectionately know as Peacock Alley. The bowling alleys were removed in 1927 to allow access to the new Badminton courts which was originally a surplus World War 1 airplane hanger used for agricultural displays at the old Oakville Fair Grounds at Rebecca and Kerr.

The easterly portion of the clubhouse was altered in 1948 to improve kitchen, office and bar facilities. Recent years have witnessed the addition of the swimming pool and deck area. The decade of the Nineties opened yet another chapter of growth and changes the Club, as the latest renovation plans got underway. To keep with the trends of health and fitness in the 90’s, we opened our Fitness Centre in October 1998. This rounded out our Club’s facilities. On April 3rd 2004, the River Bar & Restaurant opened. This new renovation gives our Members a more efficient service and a wonderful water view making this the prettiest casual dining setting in Oakville. This project included the redesigned, new Main Lounge Deck featuring an all glass railing that presents Members with a feeling of sitting on the top deck of a cruise ship. In 2007 the Club celebrated its 100th anniversary. Members, their friends and family enjoyed special events throughout the year to commemorate this special milestone.

The Oakville Club will offer:

A maximum of 2 visits per month with a maximum of 5 visits in a season with full access to any of our amenities. The 2 visits would include (subject to availability) Outdoor Dockside Dining, Pool and poolside dining, outdoor Tennis and Pickle Ball, Club Kayaks, Paddle board and Canoe rentals, and use of our BBQ. All amenities and activities are to be booked upon your arrival to the Club at the Member Services desk. The Oakville Club is a “True Reciprocal” and will charge the same fees etc. for what your Club offers to our Members.


  • Yacht Club location: 56 Water St, Oakville, ON L6J 2Y3
  • Latitude:43.4423862
  • Longitude:-79.6691084
  • First Night: Free
  • Second Night: Free
  • Third Night: Free
  • Flat Rate: Free
  • True Reciprocal: Yes
  • Maximum Stay Length: 2 visits per month, 5 per season
  • Club Website:
  • Visiting Yachts: Are encouraged to fly their club burgee
  • General Club Phone Number: (905) 845-0231
  • General Club Office Email:
  • Arrival Details
  • VHF‐FM Marine channel Monitored: VHF 68
  • Days & Times Monitored: Wednesday - Sunday, 0900 - 1700
  • Arrival Instructions: e-mail reservations ONLY through
  • Size Restrictions
  • Maximum Draft at chart datum: 6 ft
  • Maximum Beam: 12 ft
  • Maximum Length: 40 ft
  • Limitations: No power boats permitted on Oakville Club property. Power boats can arrange through the Oakville club to moor at a town slip or your encouraged to make arrangements with the Oakville Powerboat Club.
  • Cruising Coordinator/Director/Chair Contact Info
  • Name: Paul Carter
  • Email:
  • Role: Dock Manager