- Last updated: July 23, 2020
HYC’s reciprocal visitors policy during Covid
July 18, 2020 – Highland Yacht Club will begin allowing a small number of reciprocal visitors based on the following policies:
• Reciprocal privileges will be offered to members from clubs that are also currently offering visiting privileges to our members
• Max number of visiting boats at a time 4
• Up to 3 nights
• Based on availability and needs to be prearranged
Prior to coming to HYC:
• Visiting boats need to prearrange their slip assignment (minimum 24hrs notice) by emailing email@example.com
• Self assess – please do not visit HYC if you:
o Are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of Covid-19
o Have tested positive for Covid-19 and have not been moved to recovered status
o Have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
o Have had contact with anyone with Covid-19
o Have been told by Public Health to self isolate/quarantine
Once at HYC
• Proceed to assigned slip – water and hydro hook up is available (some slips are 20 amp so bring an adapter)
• Instead of using a sign in book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your arrival
• Visitors need to follow provincial rules pertaining to physical distancing and social gathering sizes
• Clubhouse and kitchen facilities are closed
• Washroom access is available – masks are to be worn inside as per Toronto bylaw 541-2020
• Showers are not available for use at this time
Traditionally, Highland Yacht Club has considered itself the best boating value in the Toronto area. The reason lies in its working-club philosophy, low annual fees and a very lean management style. When you compare facilities and membership costs you’ll find Highland gives you the most for your money.
Highland is located below the majestic Scarborough Bluffs. It’s twenty minutes by car from the hustle and bustle of downtown Toronto, but it’s light years away in beauty and serenity.
With our mooring basin protected on all sides, Highland is a very safe and peaceful place to relax and unwind either on your boat, ashore at our picnic tables, or in the club lounge.
Highland is about boating. Our finger docks are fixed, have 20- and 30-amp power, water. We have a service dock with a mast crane and pump-out facilities. There is a Laser to learn to sail, or for members’ recreation. We have picnic areas and barbecues, and are next door to a marina for fuel and repair facilities. We have a storage building with a large workshop and tools and equipment. The clubhouse has washrooms, showers, a full kitchen and lounge area, which are open to members and visitors at all times. There is a large lounging area upstairs of the clubhouse, which has a bar and fireplace, this is used for meetings and social events all season long. There is also an outside lounge area facing out over our beautiful bluffs. There is ample free parking. On-site winter boat storage is included in the modest annual fee. The site has restricted access for safety and security.